A fun filled environment for your child to discover.
- AREA OF DOHA
- West Bay
- GPS COORDINATES FOR NURSERY
- 25.357868, 51.518928
- CLOSE TO FUN FIRST NURSERY
- SCHOOLS CLOSE TO FUN FIRST NURSERY
- International School of Choueifat-Doha, Doha College West Bay, Newton International School Lagoon, Qatar International School and SEK
- NATIONALITY OF MANAGEMENT
- Lebanese/ British
- NURSERY CURRICULUM
- Early Years Foundation Stage – British Curriculum
- ALSO ON DOHA FAMILY
- SOCIAL MEDIA
Admission & Attendance
- AGES OF CHILDREN ADMITTED
- From four months to four years
- Please refer to our registration form
- NURSERY FEES PAYMENT SCHEDULE
- Monthly, By the term
- REGISTRATION FEE
- QR 1,000
- APPLICATION PROCEDURE
- Please refer to our website to download an application form.
- AVERAGE LENGTH OF WAITING LIST
Hours & Schedule
- HOURS OF NURSERY
- 6:30am to 4:00pm
- FULL-TIME CARE AVAILABLE
- NURSERY SCHEDULE OPTIONS
- 2, 3 or 5 days per week (Sunday – Thursday)
- SUMMER SESSIONS OFFERED
- Our summer school is held for four weeks in July. The nursery is closed in August for summer break.
- NURSERY HOLIDAYS
- Eid Al Fiter (3 days), Eid Al Adha (3 days)
Classroom & Teacher Information
- TRAINING & EDUCATION FOR TEACHERS
- Our teachers are qualified in Early Years education with an extensive experience with young children. They are trained regularly by early years specialists.
- TRAINING & EDUCATION FOR TEACHER’S ASSISTANTS
- CPR, College degree and First aid
- LANGUAGES SPOKEN BY TEACHERS
- LANGUAGES SPOKEN AND/OR TAUGHT TO CHILDREN
- Arabic, English, French
- SIZE OF CLASSES & NUMBER OF TEACHERS
- Four to Eleven months babies (ratio 1:3)
- One year old (ratio 1:4 )
- Two year olds (ratio 1:5 )
- Three year olds (ratio 1:6)
- DO THE CHILDREN WATCH TV/VIDEOS?
- Yes, educational videos for fifteen minutes per day
- ARE WEBCAMS AVAILABLE FOR PARENTS TO VIEW THEIR CHILDREN ONLINE?
- LIST OF AFTER-HOURS & WEEKEND BABYSITTERS AVAILABLE?
- GRASSY PLAY AREA
- At Fun First Nursery we have a big grassy area (almost 400 square meters) where the children enjoy running around, climbing the castle playhouse, jumping on the trampoline and swinging on the swings.
- SHADED OUTDOOR PLAY AREA
- We have three shaded outdoor play areas, including a new large shaded area for the trampoline, swing and slide; a huge sandpit and a large covered tricycle track.
- Shaded artificial outside play area complete with many toys, slides and houses to entertain the children.
- Large sand-pit filled with spades, shovels and sand-castle making equipment for the children’s enjoyment.
- DEDICATED INDOOR PLAY AREA
- We have a dedicated room that is only used for soft play.
- ARE SNACKS SUPPLIED FOR THE CHILDREN?
- ARE LUNCHES SUPPLIED FOR THE CHILDREN?
- ARE THE LUNCHES (FROM THE LUNCHBOXES) HEATED FOR THE CHILDREN?
- Upon request
- NUT POLICY
- Fun First Nursery is a nuts-free zone – no nuts of any kind allowed.
- OTHER FOOD POLICIES, IF ANY
- We promote healthy eating.
- BIRTHDAY POLICY
- With pleasure Fun First helps children and parents to celebrate birthdays. Please let the teacher know ahead of time. Parents may only bring in healthy food for birthday celebrations (no sweets or treats). We celebrate each birthday individually.
- ARE CLOTH DIAPERS ACCEPTED?
- ARE DIAPERS AND WIPES SUPPLIED?
- DO YOU OFFER ISLAMIC STUDIES?
- DO YOU HAVE A FULL-TIME NURSE ON STAFF?
- DO YOU ACCEPT SPECIAL NEEDS STUDENTS?
- Yes, however it depends on each case
- DO YOU ASSIST WITH POTTY TRAINING?
- Yes, we are more than happy to help with potty training your child once the parents have started the process. Please feel free to ask for details about our potty training assistance.
When I first moved to Qatar I struggled to find a nursery that made me and the girls feel comfortable. From the time I stepped into Fun First I knew it was the one for my two girls. The staff are so kind and caring and they feel like a family. My youngest is still currently attending Fun First and always looks forward to being dropped off in the morning and my older one who currently attends primary school asks me every day if she can go back to Fun First. The premise is clean and very well maintained and all the toys and books are regularly updated. All year round the nursery holds events such as International day etc. The children prepare small performances for the parents to enjoy and see what they are learning in class. Communication between the parents and the teacher are excellent; parents are sent an email each time the topic is changed by the teacher. Also the teacher is available at any time to discuss any issue you may have. I personally strongly recommend Fun First Nursery to anyone looking for a nursery for their child. A great thank you to all the staff of Fun First.Nicole (Mother of Celine & Carla)
We have been so lucky with our son’s first ever nursery experience, in a new country. My husband randomly chose Fun First based on it’s location and the appealing website, because we needed a nursery close to where we were going to be working. We had no idea what to expect but it’s safe to say we could not have chosen a better nursery for our son to attend 5 days a week from 6.30am-2.30pm. From the moment we first walked into Fun First we realised it was the perfect choice. All staff have made our son feel so welcome. He arrived when he was 1 and now he is nearly 3 and he has never ever said he doesn’t want to go to nursery! The classrooms and play areas are beautifully decorated, the teachers and assistants do wonderful work/play activities, there are frequent lovely touches for the children; cup cake day, fruit salad day, water play day, pancake day… just to name a few. Our son regularly comes home with beautiful art work which is too nice not to put up on our villa walls! I could keep writing but I think this is a good summary!! My husband and I would highly recommend new parents to enrol their children into Fun First Nursery!Clare (Mother of Barnaby)
My son and daughter have both attended this wonderful nursery. My son gained a huge academic advantage before he started school from attending Fun First and at a young age my daughter has happily recited her alphabet, numbers, colours and shapes coherently. The staff at Fun First work hard to ensure the children learn in a meaningful way that’s very age appropriate, which was so important to us. There’s a real sense of family collaboration about Fun First which we love. When you walk in to collect your child, everyone says a smiley hello, whether you know them or not! The Fun First management team certainly go the extra mile to bring families together by organising special activities for both parents and children regularly. We have the most amazing Halloween and International Day parties, we celebrate Eid, Sports Day and even have a visit from someone very special in December! As parents, we’ve always felt very welcome joining in on these events and especially meeting fellow parents at the coffee mornings. Our children have really benefited from the special focus days whether it’s a day for healthy eating, splashing around with water play or dressing up in pyjama’s – it really lives up to its name of “Fun First’’ when you can see firsthand what genuine fun they are having. The nursery has a huge garden generously equipped with play-houses, slides, a trampoline, road track and plentiful amounts of pedal bikes and cars. In Summer, it’s especially useful that the children are entertained with a wonderful soft play area that’s a great place for them to let off steam and undertake their daily exercises. The nursery facilities really are a great asset. My daughter’s teacher and the assistants run a harmonious, stimulating and playful environment that has encouraged this learning. Above all, the most important thing to us when selecting a nursery for our children was all about the people. It is so reassuring that our daughter is genuinely warmly welcomed each day, that we understand the highlights of what she did each day, what made her contribute most during circle time, how she interacted with her little friends and what made her laugh each day! Both of my children have been extremely happy there, and for these reason I cannot recommend Fun First nursery enough.Jemma (Mother of Yanic & Inez)