We believe children should spend every day feeling safe and loved, often smiling, always significant and never missing the opportunity to develop to their full potential. Our mission is to create a beautiful, nurturing, learning environment in which your child can develop and grow. We provide a friendly, inclusive atmosphere in which our children are happy, engaged and communicative; where safety is paramount, and our qualified staff are valued, calm and approachable. We seek to cultivate good behaviour and cooperation amongst the children, foster sensitivity towards others and their feelings, and work hard to develop every child’s self-esteem and confidence, all whilst they develop the skills they need to succeed at school. Kanga’s Pouch were recently awarded ‘Outstanding Nursery Services and Standards’ by the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs.
- AREA OF DOHA
- Al Markhiya/ West Bay
- CLOSE TO KANGA’S POUCH NURSERY
- Landmark Mall, Qatar University, West Bay Lagoon and The Pearl
- GPS COORDINATES FOR NURSERY
- 25.336169, 51.494306
- SCHOOLS CLOSE TO KANGA’S POUCH NURSERY
- ACS Doha, Compass Madinat Khalifa, Doha College West Bay, Doha English Speaking School (DESS), Gulf English Private School, International School of Choueifat-Doha, Newton International School Lagoon, English Modern School, Lycee Bonaparte, Qatar Canadian School, Qatar International School and SEK
- NATIONALITY OF MANAGEMENT
- NURSERY CURRICULUM
- British EYFS Framework
- SOCIAL MEDIA
Admission & Attendance
- AGES OF CHILDREN ADMITTED
- Two months to four years
- Please contact us for a full fee schedule.
- NURSERY FEES PAYMENT SCHEDULE
- Per term
- REGISTRATION FEE
- Non-refundable fee of QR1,900
- APPLICATION PROCEDURE
- Pop in to visit the nursery during which time we will show you our facilities and answer any of your questions. We will then give you an information pack and application form which we ask you to complete before we confirm your little one’s place at the nursery.
- AVERAGE LENGTH OF WAITING LIST
Hours & Schedule Information
- HOURS OF NURSERY
- 6:30am to 4:00pm
- FULL-TIME CARE AVAILABLE
- Yes, please contact us for details
- NURSERY SCHEDULE OPTIONS
- Three, four or five days per week
- SUMMER SESSIONS OFFERED
- NURSERY HOLIDAYS
- We follow a similar calendar to DESS
Classroom & Teacher Information
- TRAINING & EDUCATION FOR TEACHERS
- CPR and First aid training. All staff are Early Years trained and certified
- TRAINING & EDUCATION FOR TEACHER’S ASSISTANTS
- All staff are Early Years trained and certified
- LANGUAGES SPOKEN BY TEACHERS
- LANGUAGES SPOKEN AND/OR TAUGHT TO CHILDREN
- English and Arabic
- SIZE OF CLASSES & NUMBER OF TEACHERS
- Staff to child ratios of 1:2 to 1:5 depending on the ages of the children
- EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
- Music, art, gymnastics and Arabic are offered free of charge
- DO THE CHILDREN WATCH TV/VIDEOS?
- ARE WEBCAMS AVAILABLE FOR PARENTS TO VIEW THEIR CHILDREN ONLINE?
- LIST OF AFTER-HOURS & WEEKEND BABYSITTERS AVAILABLE?
- GRASSY PLAY AREA
- SHADED OUTDOOR PLAY AREA
- DEDICATED INDOOR PLAY AREA
- ARE SNACKS SUPPLIED FOR THE CHILDREN?
- ARE LUNCHES SUPPLIED FOR THE CHILDREN?
- ARE THE LUNCHES (FROM THE LUNCHBOXES) HEATED FOR THE CHILDREN?
- NUT POLICY
- We have a no nut policy
- OTHER FOOD POLICIES, IF ANY
- As per our healthy eating policy
- BIRTHDAY POLICY
- We arrange a small party with special party games. We discourage parents from sending in cakes and sweets as per our healthy eating policy and our medical (allergies) policy but we do ask that you bring in something small that your child is willing to share with their friends. Some parents choose to provide small party bags (without food) and some choose to provide a small gift (e.g. pencil, ball, book etc). Celebrations will normally begin after lunch when the children have eaten and are ready for a party!
- ARE CLOTH DIAPERS ACCEPTED?
- ARE DIAPERS AND WIPES SUPPLIED?
- DO YOU OFFER ISLAMIC STUDIES?
- DO YOU HAVE A FULL-TIME NURSE ON STAFF?
- DO YOU ACCEPT SPECIAL NEEDS STUDENTS?
- Yes, however we must assess any medical condition first to ensure we have the means to cater for them.
- DO YOU ASSIST WITH POTTY TRAINING?
Kanga’s Pouch is a wonderful nursery with high quality, well educated and trained staff. The nursery has a strong commitment to further education and is fantastic at keeping parents up to date on happenings. For us, it has been ideal, as our son is able to play and explore in a safe, friendly and welcoming environment. The activities are wide and varied and enable a supportive creative outlet. I unhesitatingly recommend Kanga’s Pouch.Katherine and William, parents to Charles.
Our son has thrived since starting at Kanga’s Pouch. He settled in extremely quickly and is always happy to go to nursery – I’m blown a kiss, a quick wave and smile and then it’s down to the important business of playing and learning. The staff at Kanga’s Pouch are all very warm, friendly and caring, and Homayra, the owner, is an inspiration and a true educator. I would definitely recommend Kanga’s Pouch to anyone looking for a warm, safe and happy nursery.Kristen, mum to Nelson.
My daughter started at Kanga’s when she was 4 months old. I was so nervous and didn’t know what to expect from the nursery or how my daughter would respond. I needn’t have worried, Homayra and the wonderful staff at Kanga’s answered all my questions and kept me informed of every detail. Over the last 9 months, my daughter has amazed and surprised me with how much she has developed, and above all, she loves Kanga’s, clapping with excitement and giggling when she arrives. I did try out another nursery for 2 weeks before Kanga’s opened, the difference between the two was enormous. The other nursery was a baby-sitting service, Kanga’s is somewhere that I know my daughter will flourish, learn new things and have fun playing!Holly, mum to Jemima.