At Little Academy Nursery, we teach and instill the value of education and independence in all of our young learners. Year after year, we have worked in line with the highest international standards of Early Childhood Education and Safety and due to our continued success and dedication have been rated one of the top five nurseries by the Ministry of Social Affairs in Doha, Qatar. After our Mamoura branch was received with immense success in 2006, we are proud to announce the opening of our second branch in Madinat Khalifa March 2014, which incorporates a French Section, to cater to the evolving and growing demand of our students and parents.
We at Little Academy Nursery have an unwavering commitment to providing a superior early childhood educational program to each of our children. Our structured and enriching environment as well as our dedicated teachers and staff promote the intellectual and personal growth of each child that can be found nowhere else. As practitioners we understand that choosing the best childcare setting for your child is a difficult task and would like to make this process easier for you. We encourage you to get in touch with any questions and visit Little Academy Nursery today for a tour of our unique building and facilities.
The Little Academy Nursery was awarded an Excellence Award by the Qatar Ministry of Family & Social Affairs in March 2015. We are also rated as one of the top 5 nurseries in Qatar by the Ministry of Social Affairs.
- Each day is carefully planned to support your child’s learning. Our well designed and well organized classrooms are set up to accommodate a range of activities and play that supports children’s growth in all areas of development. Little Academy strives to continually provide children with opportunities to try new and fun activities. We believe in building skills for life therefore we offer a number of enhancement activities in our program including: French, Arabic/ Islamic, Music, Cooking and P.E.
- SOCIAL MEDIA
Attendance & Admission Information
- AGES OF CHILDREN ADMITTED:
- Six months to four years
- Fees depend on the number of days required. Please contact Little Academy directly for our fee structure.
- NURSERY FEES PAYMENT SCHEDULE:
- Monthly or quarterly
- REGISTRATION FEE:
- There is a one-time registration fee. The registration details can be found in our information pack.
- APPLICATION PROCEDURE:
- We invite parents to come and take a tour of our unique buildings and facilities. On the tour you will get a chance to meet our management team and our dedicated teaching staff. Sign your child up for our “Discovery Day” where your child can attend the nursery and participate in all activities. This way both you and your child can get a feel of the nursery before you enroll. To enroll in Little Academy an application form must be completed and submitted with the registration fee.
- AVERAGE LENGTH OF WAITING LIST:
- Our waiting list varies between age groups and the number of days children wish to register for. We regularly update our waiting list and contact parents accordingly.
Hours & Schedule Information
- HOURS OF NURSERY:
- 7:00am to 2:00pm or 6:00am to 5:00pm
- FULL-TIME CARE AVAILABLE:
- NURSERY SCHEDULE OPTIONS:
- Two, three or five days per week
- SUMMER SESSIONS OFFERED:
- We offer fantastic summer camps. Priority is given to Little Academy families.
- NURSERY HOLIDAYS:
- Please visit Little Academy for more information.
Classroom & Teacher Information
- TRAINING & EDUCATION FOR TEACHERS:
- All teachers at Little Academy Nursery are college graduates and are certified Early Childhood Educators. All teachers are certified in pediatric CPR.
- TRAINING & EDUCATION FOR TEACHER’S ASSISTANTS:
- All teacher assistants are trained and certified before taking on the responsibility of working as a teacher’s assistant.
- LANGUAGES SPOKEN BY TEACHERS:
- LANGUAGES SPOKEN AND/OR TAUGHT TO CHILDREN:
- English, French, and Arabic
- SIZE OF CLASSES & NUMBER OF TEACHERS:
- We maintain a low child-to-teacher ratio that is crucial to the success and learning of each child.
- EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES:
- Our extra-curricular activities enable children who attend the setting to enjoy all aspects of learning under one roof. These activities include music, art, gymnastics, dance classes and an official Kindermusik Programme.
- DO THE CHILDREN WATCH TV/VIDEOS?
- ARE WEBCAMS AVAILABLE FOR PARENTS TO VIEW THEIR CHILDREN ONLINE?
- No. However Little Academy has recordable in-house CCTV cameras in each classroom, at reception, at the managers office and at all out door play areas.
- LIST OF AFTER-HOURS AND WEEKEND BABYSITTERS AVAILABLE?
- GRASSY PLAY AREA:
- Yes, we have a 400 square meter grassy area.
- SHADED OUTDOOR PLAY AREA:
- Yes, the playground area is shaded.
- DEDICATED INDOOR PLAY AREA:
- Yes, we have a special soft play area that is specially equipped for safe play.
- ARE SNACKS SUPPLIED FOR THE CHILDREN?
- ARE LUNCHES SUPPLIED FOR THE CHILDREN?
- ARE THE LUNCHES (FROM THE LUNCHBOXES) HEATED FOR THE CHILDREN?
- NUT POLICY:
- We are a nut-free zone
- OTHER FOOD POLICIES, IF ANY:
- We recommend that parents not send fish or eggs to school.
- BIRTHDAY POLICY
- Parents are welcome to bring healthy treats for birthday celebrations. We have a “No Nuts” policy along with the childrens allergy list, therefore it is advised that parents speak to the class teacher before a birthday celebration.
- ARE CLOTH DIAPERS ACCEPTED?
- ARE DIAPERS AND WIPES SUPPLIED?
- DO YOU OFFER ISLAMIC STUDIES?
- DO YOU HAVE A FULL-TIME NURSE ON STAFF?
- DO YOU ACCEPT SPECIAL NEEDS STUDENTS?
- Working in collaboration with Mind Institute in Qatar, our Qualified and Certified Special Needs Therapists evaluate the child and strengthen their skills, allowing them to excel in a mainstream nursery setting.
- DO YOU ASSIST WITH POTTY TRAINING?
I would highly recommend Little Academy. My two daughters aged 1 and 3 years joined in January, as I am sure most mothers are I was apprehensive about leaving them and worried for the first few days as to how they would settle. However, my worries were unnecessary as they both settled within days and by the end of the first week they loved going in every morning, my eldest asks to go to nursery on the weekends! I have no doubt that this is solely down to the wonderful ladies looking after them who helped them settle and nurtured them and welcomed them into the classes so lovingly. A special mention for teacher Nadeera and Teacher Fatima and the lovely assistants Sinta and Diane.Claire, Mom of 1 year-old Beth and 3-year-old Emma
I send both my children to Little Academy and would not hesitate to recommend the nursery to other parents. The standard of care given to the children is very high and they do wonderful activities whilst learning lots at the same time. Both my children are very settled and happy and thriving. My eldest daughter is due to start school soon and the nursery has prepared her very well both academically and socially. You could not ask for a better nursery.Libby, Mom of 1 year-old Dylan and 3 year-old Emily
We are so lucky that little academy finally opened a second branch, in a perfect location for us! (We live in Shamal and work in Qatar foundation and HMC). I couldn’t tell who’s enjoying the nursery more, our son or us. We can see how happy he is and how many new things he’s learning every day. Many thanks for the more than fantastic team of Little Academy 2!Mouna, Mom of 2 year-old Nizar