- This event has passed.
Sport and Health 2022
November 20, 2022 @ 8:00 am - December 18, 2022 @ 5:00 pm
Between 20 November and 18 December 2022, Qatar will host the world’s largest sporting event, the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. Knowing that sport and health are intertwined, in October 2021, the Ministry of Public Health signed a three-year partnership with the World Health Organization (WHO), FIFA, and the Supreme Committee for Delivery and Legacy to make the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 a beacon for physical and mental health promotion, and a model for ensuring future mega sports events are healthy and safe. In support of this historic agreement, the Ministry of Public Health and the WHO are collaborating to launch a photography competition and exhibition to showcase healthier life choices through the lens of people in Qatar.
Photography Competition Overview
Health affects everyone and we each have our own interpretation of what health means to us. To showcase the wide range of ways in which people view health and well-being, they’re inviting citizens and residents of Qatar to submit photographs you have taken that best answer your view on “What does health mean to me?”.
- The competition is open to all people with an interest in photography, both amateur and professional, of any age and nationality, living in Qatar.
- You are invited to submit up to 3 of your own photos representing one or more of the 4 health promotion themes of the Healthy FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ partnership: physical activity, nutrition, healthy diets, mental health, and tobacco control.
- All photos submitted must be accompanied by a short caption (maximum of 90 words), true and accurate, that includes a description of the setting, place, and date taken, and any artistic comment that describes how the photos represent the health theme you intend to address.
How you choose to represent one or multiple themes in your photo(s) is up to you! The winning entries will be displayed in a photography exhibition at Oxygen Park in Doha, from mid-October 2022 until the end of the year. The winning entries will be featured on the social media and online platforms of the Ministry of Public Health (MOPH) and World Health Organization (WHO) and partner organizations of the Healthy FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™initiative. Participation is free.
- The online submission form will open on Monday 22 August until 11:59 pm on 15 September 2022.
- All submissions must be made online via the MoPH website: CLICK HERE!