Acorn Nursery meets the highest international standards in providing a safe, stimulating and nurturing environment to care for your loved ones from baby through to the start of formal education. We offer a play-based curriculum which encourages children to achieve their learning goals and the development of emotional, social and communication skills.
We have an open-door policy so if you have young children and want to find out more please feel free to contact us!
NATIONALITY OF MANAGEMENT: British
Admission & Attendance
- AGES OF CHILDREN ADMITTED
- From two months to four years
- QR 2,960-QR 3,700 per month for 5 days per week
- NURSERY FEES PAYMENT SCHEDULE
- REGISTRATION FEE
- QR 1,500
- APPLICATION PROCEDURE
- As per our website
- AVERAGE LENGTH OF WAITING LIST
- Please call us directly
Hours & Schedule
- HOURS OF NURSERY
- 7:00am until 2:00pm
- FULL-TIME CARE AVAILABLE
- Extended hours available from 6:30am until 4:00pm
- NURSERY SCHEDULE OPTIONS
- Options for two, three and five days per week
- A separate sleeping room is available
- SUMMER SESSIONS OFFERED
- Summer school during July and August
- NURSERY HOLIDAYS
- Please visit our website for more information
Classroom & Teacher Information
- TRAINING & EDUCATION FOR TEACHERS
- Teaching qualifications and first aid
- TRAINING & EDUCATION FOR TEACHER’S ASSISTANTS
- Previous classroom experience, first aid training and continuous professional development.
- LANGUAGES SPOKEN BY TEACHERS
- English and Arabic
- LANGUAGES SPOKEN AND/OR TAUGHT TO CHILDREN
- English and Arabic
- SIZE OF CLASSES & NUMBER OF TEACHERS
- Maximum of eighteen children per class. Staff to child ratios in line with standards set out in the EYFS.
- EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
- Included in the curriculum we teach
- DO THE CHILDREN WATCH TV/VIDEOS?
- ARE WEBCAMS AVAILABLE FOR PARENTS TO VIEW THEIR CHILDREN ONLINE?
- LIST OF AFTER-HOURS & WEEKEND BABYSITTERS AVAILABLE?
- GRASSY PLAY AREA
- SHADED OUTDOOR PLAY AREA
- DEDICATED INDOOR PLAY AREA
- ARE SNACKS SUPPLIED FOR THE CHILDREN?
- ARE LUNCHES SUPPLIED FOR THE CHILDREN?
- ARE THE LUNCHES (FROM THE LUNCHBOXES) HEATED FOR THE CHILDREN?
- Yes, if requested by the parents
- NUT POLICY
- No nut policy
- OTHER FOOD POLICIES, IF ANY
- No chocolates, sweets or fizzy drinks
- BIRTHDAY POLICY
- We are happy to celebrate birthdays and help with the organisation.
- ARE CLOTH DIAPERS ACCEPTED?
- ARE DIAPERS AND WIPES SUPPLIED?
- DO YOU OFFER ISLAMIC STUDIES?
- DO YOU HAVE A FULL-TIME NURSE ON STAFF?
- DO YOU ACCEPT SPECIAL NEEDS STUDENTS?
- DO YOU ASSIST WITH POTTY TRAINING?
Thank you Acorn family for all the support, tenderness and love, you have provided to our son Phares. You are all angels, we will keep you in our hearts forever. I am sure Phares will miss you all.Lulu
Thank you, Acorn, for making my daughter’s introduction into pre-school so wonderful. She absolutely loved her teacher, Miss. Elaine and the support staff are all amazing. We love Acorn for its amazing loving, ‘dirty’ approach to learning and washing her extra set of clothing because they got dirty or wet was a pleasure knowing she was having fun. I would recommend this school to any potential parents any day. We miss you, Acorn!Megan
Today Nicholas went for his 1st “big school” assessment, I am beaming with pride, he did such an amazing job. I wanted to thank Miss Debra, Miss Ghida and all the assistant teachers who have been on his nursery journey with him. You ladies are the absolute best. P’s Nick did a wonderful job as an Acorn Ambassador and he kept his shoes on!Candice, Mum to Nick