KIPS’s goal is to provide a safe and nurturing environment in which children are encouraged to explore their intellectual, emotional and creative capacities through play, communication and physical activity. We foster shared learning by helping children to develop respect for themselves, others, and their world. We provide a warm and accepting environment for children to help them recognize that they are important to us, and their community is there to love and support them.
Further, KIPS provides an opportunity for parents to be involved in their children’s development while they are at school. We believe that parents’ opinion and suggestions are the most valuable source of information for a childcare centre.
Our main goal is to construct and fortify this idea in our centre. To achieve our goal, we have provided a forum for parents to kindly write their ideas, suggestions and comments. Moreover, we invite parents to become members of our parents committee.
We open KIPS with the underlying philosophy to only offer the best and to accept no compromises. It is the guiding principle behind all we do. We provide our services from only one facility due to our firm belief that there is no substitute for direct, personal daily “hands on” interactions with the families we serve.
Although we offer an English program, we expose our children to French and Arabic language to promote their language development. We are here to help them grow and with your help we have no doubt that this goal is easily attainable.
- AREA OF DOHA
- Al Gharaffa
- CLOSE TO KIDZ INTERNATIONAL PRE-SCHOOL
- Al Gharrafa Sport Club
- GPS COORDINATES FOR NURSERY
- SCHOOLS CLOSE TO KIDZ INTERNATIONAL PRE-SCHOOL
- ACS Doha, Compass Madinat Khalifa, Gulf English, Compass Al Gharrafa, Lycée Voltaire and Qatar Canadian School
- NATIONALITY OF MANAGEMENT
- PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
- British/ Canadian
Admission & Attendance
- AGES OF CHILDREN ADMITTED
- From two months to 47 months
- Please call us directly
- NURSERY FEES PAYMENT SCHEDULE
- REGISTRATION FEE
- QR 1,500
- APPLICATION PROCEDURE
- Please drop in to take a look at our age appropriate facilities and complete the registration form
- AVERAGE LENGTH OF WAITING LIST
- Currently no waiting list
Hours & Schedule
- HOURS OF NURSERY
- 6:30am until 3:30pm
- FULL-TIME CARE AVAILABLE
- NURSERY SCHEDULE OPTIONS
- 5 days (7:00am – 1:00pm)
- 5 days (7:00am – 3:30pm)
- 3 days (7:00am – 1:00pm)
- 3 days (7:00am – 3:30pm)
- 6:30am – 7:00am at additional charge
- We have a separate, quiet sleeping room
- SUMMER SESSIONS OFFERED
- NURSERY HOLIDAYS
- We are open all year round, except for the Qatar National Holidays and Eid Holidays
Classroom & Teacher Information
- TRAINING & EDUCATION FOR TEACHERS
- Our teachers went through first aid and CPR training. Teachers are required to have a college degree and experience in children education.
- TRAINING & EDUCATION FOR TEACHER’S ASSISTANTS
- Minimum three years of class experience
- LANGUAGES SPOKEN BY TEACHERS
- LANGUAGES SPOKEN AND/OR TAUGHT TO CHILDREN
- English, Arabic and French
- SIZE OF CLASSES & NUMBER OF TEACHERS
- Maximum of fifteen children per class with one teacher and two assistants
- EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
- Music, Arabic, French and Quran are scheduled in each of the classes and are free of charge.
- DO THE CHILDREN WATCH TV/VIDEOS?
- ARE WEBCAMS AVAILABLE FOR PARENTS TO VIEW THEIR CHILDREN ONLINE?
- Yes, we have cameras in every classroom and play areas. Parents are welcome to see their children from the camera room.
- LIST OF AFTER-HOURS & WEEKEND BABYSITTERS AVAILABLE?
- SHADED OUTDOOR PLAY AREA
- DEDICATED INDOOR PLAY AREA
- Yes, we have two wonderful indoor play areas.
- ARE SNACKS SUPPLIED FOR THE CHILDREN?
- ARE LUNCHES SUPPLIED FOR THE CHILDREN?
- ARE THE LUNCHES (FROM THE LUNCHBOXES) HEATED FOR THE CHILDREN?
- NUT POLICY
- KIPS is a nut-free zone.
- OTHER FOOD POLICIES, IF ANY
- We follow Canada food guide. For more information, please visit our website.
- BIRTHDAY POLICY
- Parents may bring a white cake. KIPS is a chocolate and nuts free environment.
- ARE CLOTH DIAPERS ACCEPTED?
- ARE DIAPERS AND WIPES SUPPLIED?
- DO YOU OFFER ISLAMIC STUDIES?
- Yes, Quran lessons also included
- DO YOU HAVE A FULL-TIME NURSE ON STAFF?
- DO YOU ASSIST WITH POTTY TRAINING?
I would like to take this opportunity to thank KIPS staffs for their hardworking and attentions. I registered my son about 3-4 months a go in KIPS and I have noticed a big improvement in his social life and linguistic abilities. He is now able to speak English although we never talk at home and he dares to play with children when we go to the public playgrounds and parks. Besides, unlike the few days at the beginning, he is always happy when he is at school.Mohammed
I was so worried when I decided to join Vanessa to a nursery, I panicked about what may happen there how she is going to be treated…..,I searched and chose kips, ..for my big surprise Vanessa from the very first week started crying at home asking us to take her to her lovely adorable teacher Shadia, even she wakes up during the night refusing to sleep because she wants to go to the nursery. In addition to these reasons ,the atmosphere and the good attention given by the staff and her cute friends gave Vanessa a family like feeling. I am very happy and proud of my choice and thanks for every one there.Zeina
How can I thank you enough for the way in which Anas has progressed in the last 6 months. The school facilities and teachers are outstanding and I know that Anas is very happy in KIPS. Anas shows a lot of excitement to go to school which shows how happy he is and how kind you all are with him. We appreciate everything you have done and the time you have taken to invest in our son’s future.Matin Barmare